Trucking is the backbone of the United States. Many places wouldn’t be able to function without the daily truckloads that travel through them. At the core of this are the truck drivers themselves. Without them, it’d be impossible to keep up the level of supply every city in the country needs. FTLHub understands this and appreciates the great work that these drivers do every day. In their honor, we’ve prepared a few safety tips for truck drivers everywhere.
- Avoid using your cellphone while driving. If you want to talk on it, invest in a bluetooth device so you can keep both hands on the wheel at all times.
- This goes without saying, don’t drink and drive. No exceptions.
- Maintain proper driving stance and posture. Having a relaxed stance can lead to fatigue which can lead to a myriad of other issues down the road.
- Be mindful of the distance between your truck and other vehicles on the road. Driving at high speeds means every inch matters.
- Plan your daily route. Having knowledge of how to get where you’re going can help you make better decisions on the road.